Triton 5 Position Shower Head Chrome or White
Specifications of the Triton 5 Position Shower Head
A shower head can make or break your day - or at least at mine! It can literally make all the difference to whether or not you have a good shower. As mentioned in the best electric shower post, many people suffer from a weaker water flow based on a variety of different reasons. Thankfully a semi-decent shower head can fix that for you!
Enter the Triton 5 Position shower head. This shower head is ideal as a replacement and can be used on any type of shower. The five position spray patterns allow you a choice of 5 (hence the name) different patterns - these include; jet, blast, spray, rain or drench. Each one is selected by twisting the shower head. For example, each time you turn it, it will click which confirms it has been changed to an alternative pattern. The nozzle is "rub clean" which means that it is easier to clean than most other shower heads, especially when removing tough lime scale and other forms of debris. The Triton 5 Position shower head comes with a One Year UK Guarantee for your peace of mind. One other great feature is that it features a removable plate which allows you to give it a much deeper clean.
- Brand: Triton
- Model: SFXSH600E5KKC
- Weight: 249g
- Colours: Chrome or White
- Head Width: 110mm
- Fixtures Supplied: Fixtures Supplied
- No. of Spray Patterns: 5
- Suitable Systems: Suitable for Domestic Hot and Cold Water Systems
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty (UK Only) for peace of mind
- Plenty of spray patterns ( 5 to be exact)
- Unique spray plate and rub clean nozzles allow easy cleaning inside and out
- Not suitable outside the UK and therefore the warranty only covers the UK.
Triton 5 Position Shower Head FAQs
Q: How do I Change my Shower Head?
A: It is actually very simple to change this Triton shower head. You simply unscrew the existing one and screw on the new one. When screwing the new shower head on please be careful not to forget to use the rubber/plastic washer included with the new one as it keeps the connection secure while ensuring that water is less likely to leak or come out of the wrong place! Luckily all the big brands (including this Triton Multi Mode 5 Position shower head model) are universal fit so you should have no issues installing your new shower head.
Q: How do I Clean my Triton Shower Head?
A: Most of these brands design their shower heads to have rub off finishes. What I mean by that is, you can simply wipe the shower head off with a sponge or a j cloth to clean it and remove limescale. This particular shower head has a removable plate which allows you to clean underneath and give it a good clean.
As per the Triton 5 Position Instruction Manual, they advise of the following:
- Triton recommends that all products are cleaned using warm, soapy water.
- DO NOT use abrasive or aggressive chemical cleaning products as this may affect the product surface and finish and invalidate your guarantee."
- NOTE: The shower head can be cleaned quickly by simply rubbing your fingers over the spray plate.
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP THE SHOWER HEAD CLEAN TO MAINTAIN THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SHOWER.
- The hardness of the water will determine the frequency of cleaning. For example, if the shower is used every day in a very hard water area, it may be necessary to clean the shower head on a weekly basis.
If like me, you'd prefer to give it a very in depth clean, then here is a great method I use to clean my Triton Shower Head and Hose (taken from this post).
The White Vinegar Method
- Fill a jug, protein shaker or Pyrex jug etc with the White Vinegar to about half way - just enough to submerge the shower head itself.
- Remove the shower head from the hose by unscrewing it and place into the White Vinegar - be careful not to lose the rubber/plastic washer that should be underneath the shower head inside the hose!
- Leave the shower head inside the White Vinegar for a few hours. I like to leave mine overnight just to make sure it is nice and squeaky clean!
- After the time has passed, take it out and give it a quick rinse in the bath tub/sink. I use an old tooth brush to give it an extra clean, while it is under the bath tap.
- Voila! It should be sparkling clean!
Please note: Do NOT use Brown Vinegar as it can stain or leave marks on your shower head!
Q: How Often Should I Clean my Shower Head?
A: As mentioned above, Triton advise that it depends on the frequency of use. If it is used fairly often then it may be best to clean it weekly. It is best to clean your shower head fairly frequently, otherwise your shower head could get blocked or broken. I checked out all the Triton 5 position shower head reviews online and couldn't see anyone that had any issues with cleaning it. Most shower heads are designed to last but it is still something you should regularly do. I wipe my shower head fairly often. As well as this I carry out the White Vinegar method mentioned above every 6 months or so, to make sure it is nice and clean internally.
Q: How do I remove the Spray Plate?
A: It is important that before you remove it to turn off the unit at the mains supply to avoid the shower being accidentally switched on! Once this has been done here are the steps (as per the Triton 5 Position shower head manual):
- Rotate the spray plate clockwise until it reaches its "stop" position facing the removal button.
- Press and hold the removal button in.
- With the removal button held in, rotate the face plate clockwise past the removal button until it stops.
- Release the removal button and gently pull the face plate away from the body using the adjustment lever.
Q: How do I put the Spray Plate back on?
A: Once you have cleaned your shower head internally and are ready to put the spray plate back, please remember that the spray plate and face plate MUST be aligned correctly for re-installation.
To make sure they are aligned correctly, Triton advise of the following:
- Ensure that the inner plate is turned fully clockwise until it stops. The alignment arrow position is approximately 9 o'clock, when the shower head is in the vertical position.
- The lever MUST then be matched up with the arrows position to reinstall the spray plate correctly. Should any difficulty arise when trying to refit the spray plate, DO NOT try to force it back into position. Please make sure the arrow and lever positions are correct. Once in place, the spray plate face should be gently pressed until its edges sit flush with the body.
- Now installed into the body, start to turn the spray plate anti-clockwise.
- To lock the plate back into the mechanism, the spray plate MUST be rotated fully anti-clockwise until it stops.
- IMPORTANT: The shower head should be directed towards waste and the shower switched on to ensure the spray plate is locked into the mechanism before use.
Q: How Often Should I Change the Hose?
A: Triton advises to check it fairly often for any signs of damage or internal collapse. Internal collapse is an issue that can restrict the flow of water from the shower head which could lead to damaging the shower - more so with an electric shower.
How to inspect the Shower Hose
- Unscrew the hose from the shower head and the shower outlet.
- Inspect the hose for damage, internal kinks, etc.
- If necessary, replace the hose.